Tuesday, May 19, 2009

MOON WHERE IS OUR PRINCESS?

[another thought about Princess Diana]

 

 

MOON WHERE IS OUR PRINCESS?

 

 

My spirit and myself

waited for moon to appear

for we had many questions to ask him

about Princess Diana

Moon, we are told, knows the answer to any question

 

Moon’s halo shimmered upon the eastern horizon of the world

Me and my spirit waited

like mountain lion waits the moment to strike

the alert deer in the open meadow

with moon brightly frosting the land silver

 

Moon journeyed silently nearby

we spoke saying,

“Moon, your heart knows of our sweet Princess

Tell us all that you know of her today

for our destines hesitate”

 

Moon looked upon us

ceasing his journey around the world saying,

 

“She is most precious

it is said she now dwells in the Greatest Circle

 

When your hearts weep and tingle in their wakefulness,

know this for all seasons

 

“Diana, the moon Goddess

causes my heart to tingle and weep also

for it has been said to me by Great Wonder

that there may never be another Princess for all seasons

 

“And I  then will dwell

upon a lonely path around the world

around the sun,

around forever

around eternity

and around a greater greatness still, alone

 

weep for me also

 

for you have only lost a Princess

but I have lost my Love, my Princess and my Goddess

and have nothing more to worship with deep tenderness

Perhaps it is time for me to cease to shine.”

 

My spirit and I held moon close whispering,

 

“Moon, you shall not journey alone

for we shall travel with you around eternity

and in our wandering

we shall remember the blue flash in her eyes

when she turned away from the huge house-of-cold-stone,

her sparkle as she smiled upon the multitude,

her tenderness as her gaze met the lame and meek of the world,

and her dreams as she peered deep into the glitter of the universe.”

 

Moon wept with us as one aching heart

then continued to journey around eternity and forever

 

We,

hearts tingling with lonesome agony and a vast emptiness

followed moon,

coaxing him upon his terrified but necessary path.

 

 

Sul’ma’ejote

 

09-10-97  Tucson, Arizona

No comments: