Sunday, November 9, 2008

CUAUHXIHUITL, PRAYER

CUAUHXIHUITL, PRAYER

November 7, 2008

I read again her letter. Then I went to a hill top overlooking the valley. Cuauhxihuitl is traveling from Peru. She went to Machu Picchu and made a ceremony and prayer for many of us. Now she is on her way home but stopped in Mexico for a four day prayer ceremony for us all, whatever and wherever we may be. I made my way through the sun and shade of Nahok (Autumn), calling deer and rabbits, coyotes and hawks and I tried calling a Blue Eagle. Several deer appeared and hawks and crows and squirrels, but no coyotes or blue eagles.

Her words came to me again: “I am holding my own fire in the cave.” “ I am asking for your love and prayers, especially during the last few days of the ceremony.”

Then, a little deer appeared under a little tree as if by magic. It looked at me, then wiggled its ears and its tail. I cast a thought to the deer saying, “Doseji (Little deer), Cuauhxihuitl wants your thoughts and prayers at this time. Do you have a thought for her?”

Little deer looked through me, then turned and looked into a distance in the south that I can only imagine. Its head came up proud. Both of its ears focused south, listening intently. Like a statue it held that perfect posture, thinking. Then deer relaxed and continued the hunt for acorns. But in that statuesque motion little deer seemed to say, as it peered south, “I too, am very proud of your accomplishments, Little Eagle. From the deer family I send thanks for all of us forgotten ones being included in your prayers.” Deer swished its tail then delicately stepped into the shade of the forest and vanished.

From among the great universal powers, the Great Mysteries, Grampa Ramsey appeared there under the autumn sun, like he was a photo reflecting from clear, clean glass. He eyes sparkled, he giggled what I call a horse-giggle then said, “Cuauhxihuit, Spimami (Cuauhxihuitl, I see you). Hataji spimami jeskehar ( My heart sees your thoughts and prayers). Tusi jeskahara tolol nika (It is good you think of everyone and everything just now). Ina’lum’qotmi (My heart belongs to you). Hay’la’cheska, Akwir la’cheska (I love you, we love you).” I wondered how Grampa could pronounce her name so clearly because he went away from us almost 25-years ago. Then I thought that they must have met many times in their dreams.

With quiet and dignified confidence Grandfather melted into the cool autumn sunshine. Departing, he again gave his horse-giggled and said, “Cuauhxihuitl jeskahar Ju’wa yamakela.” (Cuauhxihuitl thinks of all Grandmothers).

I could think of nothing to add to the message of deer or the message of Grandfather so looked south, asking a cloud to deliver this message, then, there under the autumn season I cried, because I am here without purpose and she is there with so many. Akon

Note: Cuauhxihuitl calls me Akon. Akon means, Grampa

1 comment:

Cuauhxihuitl said...

Wow Akon; this is truly amazing! I am speechless at the beauty and power of your words. You have a huge purpose in this life time. One of your greatest gifts is to share your powerful words and your stories, which I love so greatly. You are here to teach us young people and help us remember.

I loved you the first time I saw you and you were with me in those mountains, even when I faced death so closely. Death has shared with me to not fear it for it only wants our experiences.

I am home safely now and I can't wait to see you.

Tlazocamatli (thank you) for being you in my life.

Loving you always your granddaughter,
Cuauhxihuitl